Sometimes the perfect dish is all rolled into one
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 medium carrots (1 cup baby carrots)
- 1.5 lbs ground Turkey
- 1 whisked egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large jar favorite pasta sauce
- Place the onions and spinach in a food processor and chop into small chunks. Leaving the onion and spinach mix, take the shredder attachment for the processor and shred carrots in to the mix.
- Turn your oven on to 400 degrees. Take an oven safe dish and coat the bottom with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Warm a pan to medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the vegetable mix, stir occasionally, and cook down until soft take off heat.
- Place vegetable blend in a large bowl. Add ground turkey, egg, Worcestershire sauce, dash of salt and pepper, basil, breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Make 2 inch balls (with an ice cream scoop or by hand) and drop them spaced ½ inch away from one another into the prepped pan. Bake for 25 mins.
- Pull pan from the oven, drizzle the sauce over the meatballs and add dollops of the ricotta cheese. Bake for additional 10 mins.
- Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165! Serve alone or pair with your favorite pasta.