Level up your traditional pasta dish: A hint of spice and a touch of sweetness! Help those picky eaters step outside the box. Creamy, rich, and easily modified.
Curry Spice Mix
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 can (13oz) of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 3 Medium-sized Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 12oz box of pasta
- 1½ cups of frozen peas and 1 cup of chopped carrots, steamed; alternatively, 2 1⁄2 mixed frozen vegetables of your choice
- Place prepared carrots in a small pot and steam until fork tender, when done add the carrots to a blender to sit.
- Next, add the dry ingredients of the curry spice mix to a small saucepot; mix well.
- Add the coconut milk to the spice mix and place the saucepot on the stove on low heat. Do not allow to boil.
- Once the sauce is hot, turn off the stove and add the sauce to the carrots in the blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Next, start the pasta per the boiling instructions on the box. Warm the main dish vegetables separately.
- Drain the pasta when fully cooked and place into a large serving dish. Add the vegetable mix of your choice.
- Pour the curry sauce over top and mix well.
Modifications include the incorporation of chicken, seafood, or other protein options of your family’s choice. The added carrots are a great way to create that extra sweetness and adding in those vegetables for those fussy eaters and introducing new flavors!
Comment Policy:We welcome and encourage the community to comment and initiate conversations amongst each other on each post. Differing points of view are always welcome, and while we do not intend to censor any points of view, abusive and non-constructive language will not be tolerated. In order to maintain an open conversational atmosphere, comments will not appear immediately and will be approved at the discretion of our site moderators.