Level up your traditional pasta dish: A hint of spice and a touch of sweetness! Help those picky eaters step outside the box. Creamy, rich, and easily modified.
Curry Spice Mix
- 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Cumin
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 can (13oz) of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 3 Medium-sized Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 12oz box of pasta
- 1½ cups of frozen peas and 1 cup of chopped carrots, steamed; alternatively, 2 1⁄2 mixed frozen vegetables of your choice
- Place prepared carrots in a small pot and steam until fork tender, when done add the carrots to a blender to sit.
- Next, add the dry ingredients of the curry spice mix to a small saucepot; mix well.
- Add the coconut milk to the spice mix and place the saucepot on the stove on low heat. Do not allow to boil.
- Once the sauce is hot, turn off the stove and add the sauce to the carrots in the blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Next, start the pasta per the boiling instructions on the box. Warm the main dish vegetables separately.
- Drain the pasta when fully cooked and place into a large serving dish. Add the vegetable mix of your choice.
- Pour the curry sauce over top and mix well.
Modifications include the incorporation of chicken, seafood, or other protein options of your family’s choice. The added carrots are a great way to create that extra sweetness and adding in those vegetables for those fussy eaters and introducing new flavors!