A hearty and complex upgrade; makes 24 cupcake-sized muffins
- 1 large zucchini (shredded)
- 20 baby carrots (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cups cornmeal
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Non-stick spray
- Muffin tray
- Food processor with shredding attachment or a large food grater
- Kitchen towel
- Large ice cream scoop
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Make sure you have your muffin/cupcake tray ready!
- Shred your vegetables using your food processor or grater. Place the shredded zucchini and carrots in a kitchen towel and squeeze out any of the excess water into your sink.
- Combine the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Mix the milk and eggs and combine with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the shredded/squeezed vegetables to the batter. Stir this muffin mixture just enough to combine it.
- Spray your muffin/cupcake tray with a non-stick spray. Use your cookie scoop to place the mixture evenly into each tray.
- Place into your oven and bake 10-12 mins or until a “test” toothpick comes out dry.
- Top with butter and enjoy!
Comment Policy:We welcome and encourage the community to comment and initiate conversations amongst each other on each post. Differing points of view are always welcome, and while we do not intend to censor any points of view, abusive and non-constructive language will not be tolerated. In order to maintain an open conversational atmosphere, comments will not appear immediately and will be approved at the discretion of our site moderators.