A hearty and complex upgrade; makes 24 cupcake-sized muffins
- 1 large zucchini (shredded)
- 20 baby carrots (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cups cornmeal
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Non-stick spray
- Muffin tray
- Food processor with shredding attachment or a large food grater
- Kitchen towel
- Large ice cream scoop
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Make sure you have your muffin/cupcake tray ready!
- Shred your vegetables using your food processor or grater. Place the shredded zucchini and carrots in a kitchen towel and squeeze out any of the excess water into your sink.
- Combine the dry ingredients; set aside.
- Mix the milk and eggs and combine with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Add the shredded/squeezed vegetables to the batter. Stir this muffin mixture just enough to combine it.
- Spray your muffin/cupcake tray with a non-stick spray. Use your cookie scoop to place the mixture evenly into each tray.
- Place into your oven and bake 10-12 mins or until a “test” toothpick comes out dry.
- Top with butter and enjoy!