You’ll never look at cauliflower the same again
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower cut into small, bite-size chunks
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic (Sambal Oelek-style) sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Steamer basket with pot and lid
- Place a steamer basket with 2 inches of water in the bottom over medium heat
- Clean and trim your cauliflower into small bite-sized chunks and place into the steamer basket
- Cook the cauliflower for 4-5 minutes or until fork tender. Watch carefully or it might fall apart! When done, take out of the steamer basket and set aside off heat.
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce.
- Add the sauce to the cauliflower and coat evenly.
- Place olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat, wait 1-2 minutes until the oil is warm. Add cauliflower mixture.
- Pan fry this “low and slow” for several minutes on each side, caramelizing the sugars, and creating a beautiful crust on the cauliflower!
Comment Policy:We welcome and encourage the community to comment and initiate conversations amongst each other on each post. Differing points of view are always welcome, and while we do not intend to censor any points of view, abusive and non-constructive language will not be tolerated. In order to maintain an open conversational atmosphere, comments will not appear immediately and will be approved at the discretion of our site moderators.