I always try nasal solutions on myself before applying them on my children. If it’s too strong for me, then it’s much too strong for my kids.
Any time I treat the ears, I also treat the nose and throat since they’re all connected. See also Ear Infection & Tonsillitis Remedy
(This was for my 6-month old baby. Increase dosage for older children or adults. Dilute even more for younger babies. I always try the remedy on myself before applying to my children. Uses Essential Oils. See The Ear Infection Nightmare.)
For Nasal Congestion
Rub around nostrils for clear breathing as often as needed
- 1 drop Rosemary
- 1 dram of Olive oil
For adults, I add 1 drop of Rosemary for every drop of carrier oil into 1 dram.
Homemade Nasal Solution Rinse
- 1 Tbsp sea salt (not table salt)
- 3 drops of Rosemary
- 3 drops Tea Tree
- 3 drops Frankincense
- Mix Well
- Take 1 tsp of the mix and add to 1 cup distilled water. Stir until salt dissolves
- Store in glass bottle preferably a vial with dropper. Shake well before each use.
- Squirt up nose while laying flat and wait a few seconds
- Use bulb or nose frieda to remove mucous.
Do this several times until there’s less mucous.