Make an onion poultice to relieve deep coughs, mucous and for detoxing
- 1/2 sliced or diced onion (make sure it’s juicy and fresh)
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
- Cheese cloth (or worst case, use whatever you have available)
What You Need:
- 1. On medium heat, pour olive oil into a medium size pan. Add just enough to coat the bottom.
- 2. After the pan heats, add the onion and cook until the onion appears translucent and clear
- 3. Add flour to the mix until the texture is pasty or goopy.
- 4. Pour the mix onto a cloth and fold it over to make a poultice
- 5. Allow the poultice to reduce in temperature. While it’s warm, but not too hot, place it on your chest and allow it to stay there for 1-3 hours. The longer, the better.
How to Do It:
Be prepared to cough up mucous and also to be somewhat exhausted as the onion will cause you to detox. Detoxing will make you very sleepy. Get rest and drink lots of water.
Comment Policy:We welcome and encourage the community to comment and initiate conversations amongst each other on each post. Differing points of view are always welcome, and while we do not intend to censor any points of view, abusive and non-constructive language will not be tolerated. In order to maintain an open conversational atmosphere, comments will not appear immediately and will be approved at the discretion of our site moderators.